“by my being with you, we might, through the faith we share, encourage each other.” Romans 1:12
We have been asked what we believe and what our goals are for this website. While we do not intend on teaching, there are a few core beliefs we believe we should agree on as a community.
What Do We Believe?
We believe that the entire scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation are still relevant today. We desire to be followers of The Way, set out by Yahusha HaMashiach (Jesus Christ) and His perfect example for how to live our lives as a set-apart people. We believe that through faith we are now grafted into the Nation of Y’israel, and the seed of Abraham.
We are saved by grace through the sacrifice of Yahuah’s only begotten son, Yahusha (Jesus), and as an offering of love for our Elohim, we desire to live out the Torah (Yah’s instructions and commandments). We are to love Yahuah Elohim with all our heart, soul, and strength; and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
Yahuah (God) so loved the world, He sent His only begotten Son, that whomever believes on Him shall not perish, but have life everlasting (John 3:16).
Our Prayer for the GoshenSocial
We pray that whatever brought you to this corner of the internet, let it be a place for you to find fellowship, inspiration, growth, and belonging. Let it be a place that as we begin with a common core belief, we can work, live, and take action together – as a nation for The Most High Yah! As that nation, we can begin living out the Father’s loving instructions and commands with one and other, and then let it overflow into all the nations. Eph 4:11-16, Acts 2:42-47.
“And let us be concerned for one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging, and so much more as you see the day coming near.” Heb 10:24-25
Goals of GoshenSocial
GoshenSocial has three main goals:
- To create a social platform set-apart from the mainstream. One that will not be overrun by worldly things. Jer 51:45, Rev 18:4
- A space in which we can come and grow together. Heb 10:25
- A place where we can be called to action, and not sit idle. We know and understand that when Yahusha returns, he won’t be asking what we’ve learned, rather what have we done? Mat 25:34-40.
The following is a the list of attributes we will be working to incorporate into the GoshenSocial community over time:
Home Ecclesia Groups.
“And let us be concerned for one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together…” Heb 10:24-25.
- Meet others who are studying the Word of Yahauh.
- Share information about upcoming events / meet-ups.
- Find a local esclesia, get to know the group leaders and begin fellowshipping.
- Members can create events for numerous purposes including: home ecclesia / Sabbath gathering, Feast and Festivals of Yahuah, outreach events, etc.
Check out our Ecclesia Locator
- Employment Centre.
“Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness and lawlessness? And what fellowship has light with darkness?” 2 Cor 6:14 (Lev 25:42, Deut 23:15-16).
- post and apply for job opportunities
- share resumes
- work stay opportunities
“And when you sell whatever to your neighbour or buy from the hand of your neighbour, do not exploit one another.” Lev 25:14 ( Lev 19:36, Lev 25:37, Exo 22:25).
- A space dedicated to buying, selling, or trading goods and services with the intention of building one another up and supporting each other.
- bulk purchasing opportunities
- get connected with farmers and other producers
- considering at adding a base price option on goods, and allow for buyers to choose to pay more
- Support & Blessings.
“A generous person with prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.” Proverbs 11:25
“Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.” Proverbs 28:7 (Lev 25:14, 25:37, Exo 22:25, Lev 19:36).
- a crowdfunding style page that will allow a brother or sister to ask for help, and allow others the opportunity to give a financial blessing
- posting area for people to ask for help in the form of action (eg. help moving)
- an area in which members can create a blessing action for a person in need.
- Skill Sharing. (eg. home-schooling, tutoring, e-courses).
“Train up a child in the way he should go” Proverbs 22:6
“Iron sharpens iron, and a man sharpens the face of his friend.” Proverbs 27:17 (Deut 6:7, 4:9-10)
- learn and share resources for teaching our children, home-school meet-ups
- online lessons & e-courses (eg. learning Hebrew, guitar lessons, recipes, etc.)
- Media Sharing.
“Command and teach these matters. Let no one look down on your youth, but be an example to the believers in the world, in behavior, in love, in spirit, in belief, in cleanliness. Until I come, give attention to reading of Scripture, to encouragement, to teaching.” 1 Tim 4:11-13
- a space where teachers can share their videos on scriptural studies
- a space where artists can share their works (eg. worship music, art).
- Dating and Courting.
“And יהוה Elohim said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone, I am going to make a helper for him, as his counterpart.'” Gen 2:18
“Houses and riches are the inheritance from fathers, but an understanding wife is from יהוה” Prov 19:14 (2 Cor 6:14, Prov 4:23).
- a dedicated space to find and get to know prospective husbands or wives.
- Home & Property Listings (real estate / rental / boarding / shared living).
“And I heard another voice from the heaven saying, ‘Come out of her, my people lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.” Rev 17
We are called to come out of Babylon it is a call both figuratively as well as literal. As a scattered people coming to understand who we are there maybe be a draw to come closer to one another.
- A Place to post listings for:
- property sales
- house rentals
- community living
- land share, etc.
- A Place to post listings for:
- Community Events.
“And יהוה spoke to Mosheh (Moses), saying, “Speak to the children of Yisra’el, and say to them, ‘The appointed times of יהוה, which you are to proclaim as set-apart gatherings, My appointed times…” Lev 23:1-2, cont).
- feast and festival get together calendar
- seminars and conferences
- mission trips
- outreach events
If you have any ideas or suggestions that may be a good fit for the GoshenSocial community, please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of ‘ideas and suggestions’.
Thank you, blessings, and shalom!
Your GoshenSocial Team